576XP at Dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stopped for parts at the local Husky dealer yesterday.

There it was sitting on the shelf by the counter a brand new Husky 576XP power head. Naturally I had to check it out. My first impressions were bulky and heavy. I didn't actually weigh it, but I'm estimating close to 16 lbs for the empty power head. Maybe it's just the way Husky styled the covers, but it seemed very wide, not the slim profile like most of Husky's other saws. Does have the silver chain brake cover a la 346XPNE.

Dealer said he had 2 out in the field so far, no reports back one way or the other.

Price was $789 with 20 inch B&C.

That's about all I can offer at this time, would like to demo one for a tank and see what it's about. Gotta feeling the PS7900 in the cellar is safe, at least for the time being.

Take Care

It should be a tad heavier than the 7900, but lighter than the 575 and 441....

Niko,

Should be? What are you trying to say?

I should be nicer I guess. But, when the specmeister starts saying should be, I get a little crazy.

Oh, Happy New Year to you and Witchy,

Joat

LOL - it is just that i haven't seen a test report on it yet.....

....the 7900 and 441 weights more than advertised, while the 575 actually weights less than advertised - so how about the supposedly .4 lbs lighter 576????

:greenchainsaw:

swamp i noticed it there too when i was picking up some winter bar oil. im sure it will be a good saw. this is their 2nd crack at it anyway :)

Hopefully it is.
Unfortunately with PS7900s selling for $150 less and weighing at least 2 lbs less with more power I'm not willing to pay to be a Beta Tester on try two.

Seriously considering getting another PS7900 in the next year before the EPA puts it into forced retirement.

Take Care

amazing you saw one.

PM me the name of the dealer.

all the ones i asked din't know anything about it.

Back