630B Vermeer Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monkeypuzzle

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
I bought one yesterday and seems like I got a good deal.I know the guy since he is in the stump business in Georgia a few miles up the road.LikeI have said before I'm not much for equipment,I hate grease:mad: This unit has 906hrs. and I believe he said it was a '95 or 96',nice paint and clean.Papers on the thing should be here today.I paid 4000$ cash,we both were happy:) I looked all night at used ones and found none for that price so that made me feel better.That was Santa Claus Money:eek: .I trust you guys,well, some of you,:D ,and would like to hear good things about it.Thanks, Puzzled Monkey

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
The first stumper I ever ran was a 630A with a burnt piston. Had to add oil every hour, or else it would burn up. Even being all but worn out, it still was a good all-around machine. Big enough for the big stumps (without spending $20K) yet small enough to pull with a Ford Ranger and even push it by hand into back yards with 2 people.
If yours was well maintained, sounds like you got an excellent deal. About what Vermeer would have given him on trade-in.

Treeman14

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
I still use a 630B that I bought used in '93. Its a good machine. Make sure you grease the bearings often and keep the teeth sharp. Sounds like you got a great deal. You know what DNA stands for, don't you?

monkeypuzzle

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
Yeh,it has turned out to be quite the deal.We ground three Pecan stumps,each about 20" to 25" with the teeth that came on it.Didn't miss a lick!

Treeman14, Yes I know what DNA stands for,but I feel i'm going to learn of another meaning real soon.;)

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Speaking of Vermeer stumpers, I demoed the 50-TX a while back. Taht thing is the sliclkest stumper I've ever used. The tracks wont get stuck and it just melts through stumps. and it is mounted higher then other models.

But at 32K....

Treeman14

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
Monkeypuzzle,

DNA - National Dyslexic Association

JPS,

I also demoed the Vermeer 50-TX. The salesman raved about the tracks' light ground pressure as being less than a person's footstep, then proceeded to tear up my client's front yard. I was NOT impressed. It did do a good job on the stumps, though. Also, rather expensive, IMHO.

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
They guy who brough it out to show me did a real good job in running it around. It was wet out and there were just some impressions in the turf. I tried it and made things worse:rolleyes:. So what you saw may be operator learning curve.

The price was up there, but compared to other 50hp machines not bad. I had a rayco RC-50 (?) take twice the time on a similar big stump.

If your not doing BIG stumps regularly then none of them are worth the dough.

Latest posts