660 sat and watched as 5100 did the work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Wow, I am really impressed with how long I could cut with the 5100. Sure it is not as fast, but my way of thinking that bigger is better, kinda got dismanteled. We cut right at 12 cords Sat, I cut for about 5 hrs with breaks as needed, then I had some big logs to deal with so I fired my 660 and Holy buckets, after about 30 min I was really feeling the love. I went back to my new 5100 and cut for about 2 more hours. I really like my new firewood saw. Please do not misunderstand how fantastic my 660 is in the big stuff, there is not even a way to compare the two.:cheers:

Wow, I am really impressed with how long I could cut with the 5100. Sure it is not as fast, but my way of thinking that bigger is better, kinda got dismanteled. We cut right at 12 cords Sat, I cut for about 5 hrs with breaks as needed, then I had some big logs to deal with so I fired my 660 and Holy buckets, after about 30 min I was really feeling the love. I went back to my new 5100 and cut for about 2 more hours. I really like my new firewood saw. Please do not misunderstand how fantastic my 660 is in the big stuff, there is not even a way to compare the two.:cheers:

Great comb....

You've got it. It takes 2 saws in the cc range you have there. I've been promoting the 5100 and the 7900 as the best all around combo for price and performance stock. The 7900 being about 3lbs lighter than the 660 really makes it nice. Still one 50cc and one 80cc-90cc is a good mix.

That is a great duo, you don't need any other saws ever again with proper care.

Looking forward to a 5100 someday, great little saws.

I'm looking forward too a 5100s and a 7900 combo next time I hit the lotto or whatever. Heck of a combo. Till then it's the 111 and the 120si, a rather old school combo of same. That 5100 really seems to be a ripper of a firewooder.

Latest posts

Back