7 Short Videos From Area 51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, sorry, read your invitation a little late, but breakfast is always a good idea. Nice 4 stroking on your machines:clap:.

Was the chain in the first vid not that sharp, or was it a piece of real hard wood? What you got in your pile, i thougt in some vids i saw some oak and pine? Some pieces look rock hard!

In the third and fourth vid, it seems the chain was ok!

Keep it going and take it easy!

Btw it think that for some members overhere your website give connection problems. I have to convert it into Quick Player before i can see 'm.

Lex

Sup Lex.

No worries bro. Yes, the first vid was a dumb idea. I wanted to see if I could get the chain to stop while in the cut, and it stopped alright. In the middle of the cut things felt gnarly, and towards the end of the cut the sprocket broke and the chain got jammed into the bar groove. I lost the bar and chain(was a brand new out of the box Carlton chain). But the engine has torque:clap:

Yes, both pine and oak are in the pile behind the cuts. Semi big rounds of pine especially. I like cutting oak near the crotches. Some tough stuff...

The Dolmar chain has a funky "sharks fin" of some kind in front and to the sides of the cutters. I think it's some kind of kickback feature. So it's not the best chain, but it did ok. I was surprised.

Yes, I'm beginning to open up the H jet in the latter videos and it's beginning to 4 stroke. I think I'm finally getting to that phase of 4 stroking and then to a 2 stroke sound when under load. It was pulling very very nice, especially the last cut. Today, if I have a chance, I'm going to open the H another 1/4 turn and see what happens. I think I'm close to 4 stroking in the cut. So I was close I think. I'm still trying to learn the 4 stroke sound.

Yes Lex, I have a Mac, and for some reason it only plays quicktime, I can't get it to accept Window's when I work with Imovie, Mac's movie edit program. I have to find out how to do it and make two versions. Thank you for mentioning that so I can fix that in the future.

Take it easy Lex,

Rick

Latest posts

Back