A Big Spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went out in the hills to enjoy nature, get some exercise and put some more wood up...can never have enough firewood.

Cut a few decent sized trees, including this 27" Spruce. How are you guys doing on your wood piles?

attachment.php

attachment.php

good size tree there. ive taken a couple weeks off from the wood. i got poison ivy last time i did it :(. i might do some this weekend im not sure yet. i dont "need" to cut any trees down as i got 3-4cord already bucked that just needs splitting. the thing is i havent cut in a while so a tree or 2 may have to come down lol.

That should add quite a bit to your reserve. The only time that you could have too much firewood is if it rotted before you could use it.

I've got all of my split wood in the barn. It's at least enough to last 2 winters. I've got about a cord that I might split this afternoon even though it's supposed to get up to about 90 degrees.

I spotted a tree pile just awhile ago from a new construction site. I drove back there to take a look and all of the good stuff is gone. :mad: Oh well, there'll be others. I just have to keep my eyes open.:)

Unless Black Birch is considered a conifer, I don't think so.

I'm running out of fence line

Hey Josh:

Looks like I'm ready for Winter. It's amazing how much wood these $69 Shindaiwa's can cut. Keep me posted on how the new 488 project goes.
If I was into trees like you've got there, I'd buy myself a wood splitter.

Rich

The fenceline pile

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One of the wood sheds:

attachment.php

Back