A new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmakesallthefuelbegone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Donovan, I am 18 years old and planning to become an arborist.
I got my first chainsaw back in November (2023) so right now I’ve done up 7 months of experience. In those months ive learned a lot and just a few days ago I dropped the biggest tree yet. This tree was 13,5 meters high and 30cm wide.
I was honestly quite sad to have to do this because it was a beautiful tree. The tree had however grown through a fence and was very close to a powerline. Back in December (before the powerline was there) we had a very heavy storm which happens more often, this tree now standing so close had to go because a storm like that would make the tree damage the lines.
Any way, I got addicted to chainsaws when I first got to run one and then decided to wanna be an arborist. This would give me an excuse to have a beautiful job and buy a lot of chainsaws

So that’s a bit of an introduction on me and how I ended up here.

Hi,
I got my first chainsaw back in November (2023) so right now I’ve done up 7 months of experience. In those months ive learned a lot and just a few days ago I dropped the biggest tree yet. This tree was 13,5 meters high and 30cm wide.
I was honestly quite sad to have to do this because it was a beautiful tree. The tree had however grown through a fence and was very close to a powerline. Back in December (before the powerline was there) we had a very heavy storm which happens more often, this tree now standing so close had to go because a storm like that would make the tree damage the lines.
Any way, I got addicted to chainsaws when I first got to run one and then decided to wanna be an arborist. This would give me an excuse to have a beautiful job and buy a lot of chainsaws

welcome,I,m sure you,ll keep us informed of your adventures!

welcome,I,m sure you,ll keep us informed of your adventures!
As someone reasonably new to all this stuff i am not planning on getting to much adventure yet, doing up as much practical experience as possible is the most important to me now so that I get certified as arborist easier hopefully

Hi,

Howdy. You neglected to say what your first saw is and why you chose that one

Latest posts

Back