Advice on AM cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw that

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks just about to start my puzzle, a farmertec 361 kit saw. (Given as gift from my Dad as thank you for fixing his boat wish I could have a genuine 361!) The farmertec cylinder is brutal, I used to repair Stihl and Husqvarna as small engine mechanic and this cylinder has casting flash, very little chamfering, and a spot that’s like a void that I can feel with my finger where the ring would likely not seal so I’m calling this unusable junk. So my question to you fine folks, for 250-300 USD which aftermarket 361 cylinder would you consider using? I have a 47mm meteor piston already oem seal, bearings and lines. Thanks for any and all input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you, I’ve had shock looking at oem cylinders locally. In Canuck dollars new they are prohibitively expensive for this project I never thought of using serviceable old parts. I’ll see what I can source much appreciated. I do definitely feel like the mahle cylinders are well made had the pleasure of rebuilding for customers before. This clone saw is just for fun and maybe the odd bit of firewood if all works well when ironed out. Thanks again

Back