AIP Pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Who sells them? I know you can't post if you aren't a sponsor...but please PM me. Can't seem to find any info on suppliers, etc. I would like to try one in a project.

Josh

have you had any experience with them at all? just curious as to quality...maybe that is what your trying to find out as well!

Stens has a bunch of the AIPs but not the whole catalog.....good luck having them add additional pistons from the AIP catalog.

And of course AIP is resistant to open any other wholesale sales paths to someone who would offer a wider selection.

Some of the AIPs are really good.....some are downright awful.

Stens has a bunch of the AIPs but not the whole catalog.....good luck having them add additional pistons from the AIP catalog.

And of course AIP is resistant to open any other wholesale sales paths to someone who would offer a wider selection.

Some of the AIPs are really good.....some are downright awful.

It was sad when Stens cut the GB inventory.......

I have an AIP (From Dean of WHS) in my MS-660

It measured a little taller then stock (more deck) but everything else look so much like stock it was hard to think there would be a difference.

I doubt that I have a hundred hours on it, so no real longevity test here, but so far so good.

Your going to want to run a stock pin, as the AIP is way over-built.

What saw are you doing for the project Four Paws?

I want to try a 272 Oleo-Mac piston. It is 49mm and has a really high compression height. 49mm is an odd size, and the Dolmar 120/6800 pistons are too tiny (skirt width/top to bottom). Most of the 49mm Stihls use a 13mm pin...Anyhow, if you can get what I need, PM me. I can probably buy OEM for $100 or so...was hoping to spend less on a crap shoot.

Well you won't get anybody to import just one of them...and there are very few 272 Oleo Macs left....so I guess your only option is used or OEM

Back