another 346ne out there

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmexico

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So, ordered one a month ago..

I was a little worried it would show up with a green gas cap, but it didn't. It seems Husqvarna's selling em left and right, this one was backordered. but arrived a the dealer without any super undo delay.

gotta give props to the dealer, he started putting it together and called me let me know it was in---

in the call, I said it would be all right if you just give it to me in the box as I don't mind getting something straight from the factory, but the dealer said, it's all ready being put together and tested. I couldn't argue with that.

So, anyway. I get the saw home-- it's full of gas and oil. The gas has color too it and it smells like it's got some good quality two stroke oil in it-- excellent.

I've never had the on off switch like the one on this saw though.. you know, the up is on, down is off, choke on the same side and didn't know what was normal.

It had a little play, the on off switch. I could move it up a sixteenth of an inch and back down the same.. it felt a little funny, no positive engagement, but I figured that was the new wave... pulled and pulled and pulled with the switch 'up'

No fire. pulled the cover off, pulled the plug, grounded the plug against the cylinder.. switch 'up' and still no spark.. GRRRR

inspected the kill switch mechanism and found a piece of plastic where it didn't belong.. Ahhh that makes sense I said. Removed said piece of plastic and had positive engagement on the kill switch-- and better yet, negative engagement...

Sweet. it was just leftovers from the tuning limiters... good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

anyway, ran the saw for 10 minutes or so just a heat cycle to cut a little.

dropped a little 10 inch dbh ponderosa that was maybe 45 feet tall and bucked it into 14" pieces.

color on the plug is spot on, not too rich nor too lean..

anyway after that, I pulled the air filter.

this is where I need to figure farther. Cause inside the airfilter was a bit of fine sawdust. you know the stuff, the very fine stuff that sticks to the lightest film of oil. it was there inside the plastic airfilter. Stuck to the bend where it makes the 90 to enter the carb throat. Inside the carb throat I didn't see it, but this might be because the plastic there is black instead of white and translucent.

So, my question is. would that really really fine dust hurt your Piston/cylinder?

another question, Has anyone else experienced the same with the little plastic filter, and that white mesh fabric looking stuff? I've got other saws with older types of filters that don't let that fine dust through.

I'm going to try to stop it, be it grease where the filter sits on the carb assembly, or a light coat of filter oil on the white fabric mesh.. cause I really don't like dust in my carb...

pologies for the un-understandable post, just wondering

That white mesh type of filter will let some dust pass through. I see sawtroll is reading this thread I'll bet he can help ya with the p/n on the better air filter....:msp_unsure:
I found the p/n for the better filter (which is the one I run with no issues) It is a felt filter rather than the mesh: 537 26 49-03 (FELT) Looks like they have two different mesh filters a 44 micron and 80 micron, but I would stay with the felt.

Last edited:
awesome

that's why I like this site, good answers in a timely manner..

Sawtroll, nope, it isn't cold enough to have that little cover open here.. but I can see why you'd ask.. and the felt.. ohhh I do like the idea of felt vs the mesh, I'll have to look into that thanks for that.. I can't remember the name, cause I skimmed and hit reply in haste, but thank you for post number three..

on order from Baileys

may as well spend the ten dollars and see if I get a better one.. + never hurts to have a spare... thanks Ktm for the Part number..

that's why I like this site, good answers in a timely manner..

Sawtroll, nope, it isn't cold enough to have that little cover open here.. but I can see why you'd ask.. and the felt.. ohhh I do like the idea of felt vs the mesh, I'll have to look into that thanks for that.. I can't remember the name, cause I skimmed and hit reply in haste, but thank you for post number three..

I see where you are, and your conditions (and wood) probably are more dusty than most. You probably are one of quite few that really need the "felt" filter. ;)

I see where you are, and your conditions (and wood) probably are more dusty than most. You probably are one of quite few that really need the "felt" filter. ;)

I replaced the nylon mesh with the felt one. I cut dry dead wood for firewood. Very small particles were getting past the filter. The felt filter stopped almost all of the fine particles from getting past the filter.

I ran the nylon mesh filter on my old one for almost 10 years and often noticed fine dust inside the filter. Never hurt the saw, as it runs better now than new, after well over 100 cords of wood cut.:D

I put a felt one on it a couple months ago, just for the hell of it. My new one has the nylon though.

Oh, and the on/off/choke switch works great and is bullet prof. I've never had a problem.

Did the dealer cut the carb limit tabs, or did you?

Back