Another Post and beam project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPA

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Last 4 th of July I got involved in building an authentic post and beam Blacksmith shop for the Historical soc. I built this Float to kick it off in the Parade.
DSCN0472.jpg

Next we sawed out the timbers: Here are a few:
DSCN0878.jpg

We also had to get the foundation stones and set them:
DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

We were fortunate to have a professional Timber frame Co in town and the owner Kyle Whithead volunteered to draw up the plans and layout the joinery.
John and I then cut the 8 posts.
DSCN1146.jpg

We then tackled the 4 20’ tie beams and 8 rafters: Since we plan on a public raising we will assemble everything in shop first so there are NO surprises later//
Top half of Bents 1 & 2 test assembled
IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

And bents 3& 4 assembled
DSCN1170.jpg

This is where we are as of the Thanksgiving break. EPA

Great pics and greetings from the other side of the state.

Bradford will always hold a special place in my heart. Once a year, my dad and I used to head over to the used book barns in the area. Think there were 3 or 4 in the Bradford/Warner area.

And good for you being involved in the local historical society!

Nice Pics EPA - Thanks for posting

RE: woodbooga
You may be interested (or not) to know that "booga" or "booger" in Oz means something hanging out of ones nose, thus a "wood booga" would be what's hanging out of a nose after that person has been breathing wood dust for a while.

Last edited:
Nice Pics EPA - Thanks for posting

RE: woodbooga
You may be interested (or not) to know that "booga" or "booger" in Oz means something hanging out of ones nose, thus a "wood booga" would be what's hanging out of a nose after that person has been breathing wood dust for a while.

I've heard that. Same meaning up this way. Hence my signature for clarification.

Anyhow, you need to have a good sense of humor to choose woodbooga as a username. And if there's a laugh involved, shall we say, I'm as game as Ned Kelly:)

Very nice EPA, I enjoyed that. Looks like you have an interesting project there, and something that will outlast most of us probably.

Latest posts

Back