Any Opinions on the new John Deere Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you like the new homelites you will love the new john deer saws. and plus the only thing keeping the tractor company in business is their name. i have delt with a good many john deer tractors in my time of all ages and i am not too impressed with them unless they are hot rodded.

Last edited:
So, I'm assuming that you still like the Homelites and the Deeres?
Obviously you like the older Homelites, but the new ones aren't pieces of crap, right?

I'm only wondering cause I'm planning to get some inexpensive saws for the 'ground crew'. You know, something that wont make me pucker too bad if they run the chain in the dirt.

The new Homlites are pieces of crap. A dull hand saw will cut faster than the biggest Homelite, the 2.7 c.i. "powerstroke". What a joke. They are worse than Poulans. The only saw worse than the new Homelites are the "new" McCullochs. The green John Deere saws are made by EFCO in Italy because they know the Homelites are junk and dont want the Deere name on them. The EFCO saws are supposed to be decent, certainly good enough for a ground crew

Back