Any Powerstroke Guru's on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As stated before. It sounds like the ECM. Could be a partially stuck EBPV. You are supposed to drain your fuel filter every 5K and change it at 15K.

It's been a while since I posted but have either fixed or figured out all the issues except for the torque converter.

1. Torque converter won't unlock from overdrive until downshift.
Pending***The ECU( New or old one) is not signalling the transmission to unlock the TC until the speed drops below 35mph, even if i tap on the break pedal. The ECU is getting the signal that the brake is being applied.

2. Windshield wipers and radio still work with key turned off.
Fuse Box is bad

3. Engine has no power. I can unplug the map sensor and it runs a lot better but still doesn't make the same power as it used to. I swapped the map sensor with a known good one and it still ran like crap.

This was tricky....
a. Replaced the Under Valve Cover Harnesses. The insulation for one of the injector haness connectors was cracked on the under valve cover harness. The truck would pass the injector buzz and the KOER test fine and only act up while going down the road.
b. Rebuilt the Fuel Pressure Regulator. The seat was pinched and caused it to stick shut or partially open at various times.
c. New ECU. I updated it to a newer (2001)version with better fuel maps and shift settings. Apparently the early 99 computers get swapped out a lot because they are "dogs."

re: powerstroke diesel

this is my first diesel truck that I've ever had and I'll tell you what, I will never not own another powerstroke engine.

Just because you ended up with one that had some issues to work out don't hold it against the whole breed! The 7.3 is a fine engine and an almost bulletproof design that set a standard for diesel design for many years.

Just because you ended up with one that had some issues to work out don't hold it against the whole breed! The 7.3 is a fine engine and an almost bulletproof design that set a standard for diesel design for many years.

got that right--and the 6.9 was the start of it, when gm was producing their usual junk---

Latest posts

Back