Anyboby Own/Use a Silvey HDG-6??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been eyeballing this machine for a while and thinking of picking one up. Anybody ever use one?? Are they worth the money?? How hard is it to set up from one chain to the next?? How long does it take to grind a typical chain... say 72 links, from start (set-up) to finish?? What about switching from say 3/8's low-pro to regular 3/8's?.... seems like a lot of set up time to switch??

Looking at the "how to" page on a popular site makes it seem like it's a pain to set up. Being able to actually grind the rakers in a few seconds isn't going to save any time if it takes two minutes to set it up to grind a chain.

Just looking for some input from someone whose used this thing??

(Yes I know you can file the rakers by hand... been doing it for years)
(Yes I know you would have to grind a lot of chain to make it worth the expense... but that’s kinda the idea)

I've read that thread a few times before, good info :cheers:

Kinda like to hear some more feedback on it before I shell out the cash.

Anybody got a good (read cheap) source for Silvey products??? Gonna call Madsens in the AM to check their prices, and I already know what Baileys and Cowlitz wants.... anybody know of anyone else I should be calling??

I have one to go along with the Pro-Sharp. I have had the raker machine for 6 years and it is awesome.
Madsen's is your best bet. I live and hour-fifteen from Silvey, so I just pick my stuff up there.

Back