Anyone know about NGK plugs??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthepunk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Curse my rubbish memory, went out to get a new plug for my saw and got a BMR7A instead of the BPMR7A. Does anyone know if the "P" makes any difference?! :bang: :sucks: Sorry!!

In NGK speak, P means projected tip. It runs a bit hotter than a standard tip. If your saw spends a lot of time on idle the standard tip plug might foul out more readily.

Yes you can use it but it may not run as well. Not sure about the projected tip running hotter.

In all of my sleds and PWC that ran them, they had the same heat range. I felt the P's ran cooler as they were alway darker in color than the standerd plug. JMO

Here is a link to an article by old Gordo about plugs. Its hard for me to believe its been 32 years since he wrote it. I must be like a hunnert years old by now. Or somethin' like that.:greenchainsaw:

http://www.strappe.com/plugs.html

Not only will the plug tend to foul, but your combustion chamber could acquire more deposits. I would rather use an old, cleaned correct plug than a new, incorrect plug.

At least, this situation is better than the reverse. If you use a projected-tip plug in an engine that calls for a standard-tip, your piston might end up with a hole in it!

toss the NKG's heres the plug you need

56xxx035.jpg

I have heard of outboards putting holes in slugs running PT plugs but I dont know why they would.

Anyway, here's some plugs. two NGKs and a Champ. Suzuki, Stihl and Husky.

Sure enough the standard tip is out of the boat motor and the saws both have PTs. (I'm just seeing if I can link a picture)

IMGP3524.jpg

Latest posts

Back