Arch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen those.It doesn't look like i would have much tongue weight for good traction when pulling.I like the idea of the whole log off the ground though.I pull with an atv, but have alot of tongue weight with my set-up, however i do drag the very end of the log which does pick up dirt.

I've found that with my quad I don't really want a huge amount of tongue weight, as a big log can take so much weight off the front tires that it can become hard to steer, especially on hills.

I'm going to be building some kind of log arch rig over this coming year, I'm getting tired of either having to debark logs with an axe and draw knife OR risk chewing up chains with sand and grit. Got my eye on a discarded truck rear end axle that someone ditched a couple miles away down a backroad. It even has near-new tires and rims on it!

Hey SlabMaster

to me that deal you got there would be better at the butt end of the tree. great pivot and keep it out of the dirt. and if you chained a bit closer to the hitch might keep it up anyhow. I love homemade jobbies.

LogRite ATV arch

This is hauling a 16'x24" spruce log. Pulled with a yamaha 660 grizzly, completely suspends a sixteen footer. Pulls soooooo much easier than I ever imagined.

Arch.jpg

A smaller log next to the mill.

026-1.jpg

Hey Slabmaster, after looking at your setup, I was wondering... Have you considered putting a ball mount on that trailer? I'm just worried all that direct leverage on the hitch could do some damage if you hit a good bump or hill.

Latest posts

Back