At night, when your done...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Do ya'll leave gas in your saws??? If your not gonna use it for like 2 or 3 days I mean... Dealer told me a while back that leavin the gas in it eats up the fuel lines with this new crap they are putting in it... How true is this??? I usually drain it if I'm not gonna use it for a long time, but say just a few days or a week. Should I dump it??? Just wonderin' eh? What could happen either way. I know some don't ever worry about it, but after talking to that Stihl Dealer when I was in Gander Mountain, he was just shopping, I started to wonder. Tx eh?

:cheers:

I believe this guy is full of it, 2 or 3 days, even a week wont hurt anything in my opinion...A month or more, I would drain it. Just my opinion.

I leave gas in them for short periods of time but mix fresh gas up every time I cut wood. The fuel lines will be fine if you leave gas in the saw.

Yah that Avatar is great, we need more of that around here. Who is she?

I just picked up my first saw. From what I've gathered its cool to leave gas in for up to a month, but after that you'd probably want to drain it or start it up.

heheheheh

Yah that Avatar is great, we need more of that around here. Who is she?

WIFE, lmao... Shhhh, don't tell her, lmao... She hasn't seen it yet. I know I know, I need a video or her cuttin', I'm workin on it...

:cheers: eh?

Well, I know what you are doing now!

Cisco, After seeing your avatar, I seriously doubt you are worrying about gas in a dang saw.:cheers:

WIFE, lmao... Shhhh, don't tell her, lmao... She hasn't seen it yet. I know I know, I need a video or her cuttin', I'm workin on it...

well if she doesnt know about the pic, she must walk around alot like that. If thats the case, can i spend the weekend some time. :spam:

He is showing off. I don't blame him....

He should put a bigger pic with his profile.

Yup, kinda like smoke 'em if ya got 'em. I'm trying to get the gf to make a pic like that infront of the big "team Stihl" sign...

oh yeah, the gas in the 660 is going on 3 weeks, darn modded 460..... :cry: :)

Yup, kinda like smoke 'em if ya got 'em. I'm trying to get the gf to make a pic like that infront of the big "team Stihl" sign...

oh yeah, the gas in the 660 is going on 3 weeks, darn modded 460..... :cry: :)

Talk, talk, talk makes 2000ssm6 a dull boy. :jester:

I have an 026 that is over 20 years old. Never drained the gas and never changed much of anything on it. Still runs but has an air leak in the crankcase.

Go Cisco, do take pics of the aftermath of Sam putting her boot in your a$$.:jawdrop: :hmm3grin2orange:

I thought I would join you in getting my butt kick with my avatar. she's 41 in this pic and still looks 25. She does like to work out.

Yup,drain the gas out of the saw, the car,truck,woodsplitter and the Zippo, blow it out with compressed air.
Boy does it take a long time to leave in the morning!!!!!
That guy may sell Stiihls, but he doesn't run them much.
Rob

Bookerdog, Cisco

Ya'll are probably both deadmen. But I dang sure appreciate your work SALUTE.:clap:

Ya'll are probably both deadmen. But I dang sure appreciate your work SALUTE.:clap:

Yes boys, nice of you to think of us, very nice! But when they've seen it, are you perhaps going to pick up knitting, making lace or hand painting porcelain? Cause saws and computers will be out of question for a long time for you two...

Seriously, don't push your luck, it's nice to have both a hot babe inside and several hotties in the shed, but it's damned cold spending the night alone in an empty shed...

Maybe not

If you empty your gas tank you better store your saws in the house, otherwise condensation will cause water in the fuel and you'll be wondering why your saw won't sart. :dizzy: I think its better to fill them all the way upand keep them in the garage . they can sit for a while, maybe it depends on the brand, but my stihls have sat for 6 months and start right up.

Yes boys, nice of you to think of us, very nice! But when they've seen it, are you perhaps going to pick up knitting, making lace or hand painting porcelain? Cause saws and computers will be out of question for a long time for you two...

Seriously, don't push your luck, it's nice to have both a hot babe inside and several hotties in the shed, but it's damned cold spending the night alone in an empty shed...

Not gonna take the chance. It will be off long before she finds out.

Back