ATV Log Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Wheelock

Finis Origine Pendet
Reaction score
Been thinning a White Pine stand on our property and have 10-18" dia. logs to move; looking for recommendations on a skidder for my small tractor (see avatar). The skidding cones look like they'll break; anyone tried these? I see Logosol and LogRite log arches online. The forester who's advising me suggested I have my next door neighbor fabricate one. The neighbor has a hydraulic repair business and has fabricated a couple of wood processors. Suggestions appreciated.

IMHO, log arches work great behind GTs. I originally built this one longer and ultimately shortened it up for better maneuverability in our woods.

EXDR3.jpg

pDlci.jpg

nkC6g.jpg

2yzy6ary.jpg
. I'm gonna build one like this. Put a ring on the bar, chain it to log , pull forward log lifts to transport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

skidding cones are good. saw on another thread that a guy uses old car hoods, or an old plastic car bumper cover, said he cuts the corner off the cover runs a chain through it then hooks the log. the log resets on the cover and slides across the groun. i havent attempted it yet but i will on my next outing. good luck

Latest posts

Back