Australia Day Holiday long weekend milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks and sounds like Hud has all the toys:)

yeah - the mongrel even mentioned "Lucas" last weekend but I doubt he'll do it. They have had a neighbor Lucas come onto their farm a couple of times last year to slice up some timber. Hud's more into growing trees than cutting and I suspect Sandi and chippie son will be the eventual drivers. You never know he may surprise us.

Looks like my fave photo dropped out from his thread because it was originally posted in another thread that was deleted and I had cross linked to . Anyway - here it is again.

attachment.php

Cheers

You guys sure know how to have fun!! These pics are really helping me get through the winter blues and for that I say thanks!! Keep it up looks like a blast! cheers:cheers:

cool photos. The last picture looks like there is a snake next to the log.

I am starting to like the ladder rig more and more. Looks simple with not alot of limitations.

Loving this Bob... my mouth is watering seeing all that (to me) exotic aussie hardwood. I can tell you're having a blast.

Looks like my fave photo dropped out from his thread because it was originally posted in another thread that was deleted and I had cross linked to . Anyway - here it is again.

attachment.php

Cheers

WTF!?!?!?

I may have to deal with -30F temps and snow...but NOTHING around here that big hiding under trees! The most I have to worry about is a wasp or hornets nest....DANG!!!!!

Cheers Guys. The snake is a fake! We put it there so we could take a picture and then I would put it on the CS forum to stir them away from their usual Stihl-Husky slanging matches but some of the posts still managed to weave a Husky v Stihl thread into them! I posted it without any reference to the snake and the reaction was as expected. There were about 90 posts about it and other things later before someone suggested it was a fake. I then fessed up it, but said we put there to keep other snakes away which is also bulldust. I don't know why but that thread has since been deleted - maybe too much snake oil?

Hud's property and others in the area are infested with Tiger snakes (5th most deadly snake in the world) and it's not unusual to see one a day on the farm. Fortunately they are very shy and generally only bite if you tread on them, so just walking heavily through the bush or starting a saw drives them away quickly.

This morning Sandi emailed in the farm wildlife report.
"yesterday saw 2 tiger snakes, got bitten 3 times by bullants, and one dead field mouse in the shed", Mice in the shed are not a good sign, that means there will be tiger snakes nearby!

Last edited:
I would move in about 20 minutes...I have a hard time going out "west" and shooting prairie dogs...I have to watch were I step for rattle snakes, rare but around.

I don't like that...add in the poison spiders etc....not my game! Give me -30F any day!!!!!

Back