Ax-Men film crew

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just remembered, Columbia keeps dogs around. At least they used to. The dogs are their alarms. I never tried to find out how vicious they were. I think they were mainly barkers.
You might want to take some dog treats. :)

I just remembered, Columbia keeps dogs around. At least they used to. The dogs are their alarms. I never tried to find out how vicious they were. I think they were mainly barkers.
You might want to take some dog treats. :)

Last time they were here they had dogs and armed guards at every motor access point to their area.

That is a cool thing to watch. Those guys run some big time risk. The craziest thing when they were here, and were watching them. On one turn we could here the engine come up as they were picking the load and they started moving, next thing you knew that engine ramped up and them rotors were really chopping some air, then the engines sounded line they were about red lined, all at once you heard a snap and that twin rotor gained about 800' and stood almost straight up on end, the engines sounded like they were gonna blow. Our pasture was the closest open ground to them and they made a bee line for it. Slowly comming down the hole way. As soon as they landed all kinds of chaos was going on, when their landing ground crew made it to them more chaos. That twin sat in the pasture for I think 4 days as I recall and they tore down every moving piece in that machine before they took off again.

My boy and me got to talk to the driver. He said that was one of the worst things that he has gone thru while in the drivers seat. Including his time in Vietnam. He asked what he could do for our trouble as far as the pasture. Then he offered to bring a cuople turns of "slash logs" for firewood. The bosses never left the job after that so the firewood never happened. We did however get to go up their zone and watch a bit closer. Man those guys are good, when they land they coil their line below as they come down, you couldn't coil that stuff better by hand.

Owl

Back