Baby Timber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYLogger

Professional Tree Assassin
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Since the tornado took down alot of timber in general not to mention the trees in my yard (not the house thank God!) I am wanting to plant some new trees to provide some shade (our house is in the middle of our old tobacco patch and the field is ringed by trees but no shade near the house!!) At any rate I have decided what I want to plant, two of my personal favorites Bald Cypress, not native but there are some around that are thriving that were planted as ornamentals and some SYP which are native but not a common nursery tree around these parts. I was wondering if some of my more southern, southeastern logger buddies (wink, wink) would have a source for some seedlings? Ideally I would like about 20 SYP seedlings and 5-10 Cypress seedlings, I am figuring in allowances for mortality rates. I would also like some input from some of you all on the propagation (didn't know people from Ky knew big words, didja?) and care for the cypress in a not so native environment. If any of you all have got a source for any of these I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide. I would rather know where they are coming from and procured by folks who know trees. I am more than happy to pay for all costs associated with gettin em to Ky (cost of trees, shipping etc...)

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Back