Back to Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
South Coast Mill is buying logs again. Price sucks big time, but it's better than nothing. $44/ton doug fir, $38/ton white wood.

I might be able to sort out the export fir and sell it seperately to another company. Not sure. At least I have a job again. 4 mos. lay off. Longest I've ever been out of work.

Where's my caulks? Who hid my axe? Hope the shovel runs....

Be singlejacking. Can't afford a crew at those prices, but since the equipment is paid for, a load a day will be fine for now.

South Coast Mill is buying logs again. Price sucks big time, but it's better than nothing. $44/ton doug fir, $38/ton white wood.

I might be able to sort out the export fir and sell it seperately to another company. Not sure. At least I have a job again. 4 mos. lay off. Longest I've ever been out of work.

Be singlejacking. Can't afford a crew at those prices, but since the equipment is paid for, a load a day will be fine for now.

Hopefully you stay to work, this economy is bad, looked at a new housing and building forcast, they say slow until 2010.

Alright Paul! If you get into export, give me a call. I can give ya the run down on whats what right now, and what to look out for. Be safe and give me a shout some time.

glad to hear you're back in the woods. unemployment is quite a boring thing after two weeks.

Yes, fall, buck, limb, log, bump knotts, twist wrenches, run equipment, load trucks, doze road, and climb. That's my job description. Piece of cake.

Jesse, I'll try to have a charged battery next time...I talked for quite a while after the phone went dead. It was good talking to you again.

Yes, fall, buck, limb, log, bump knotts, twist wrenches, run equipment, load trucks, doze road, and climb. That's my job description. Piece of cake.

Jesse, I'll try to have a charged battery next time...I talked for quite a while after the phone went dead. It was good talking to you again.

You forgot management sessions and wildlife tag filling. You have quite the place for all of it. What a view to boot!

Darn, just when I was on a roll I got summoned for jury duty. Add 'jurror' to my job description...

Elect. gremlins attacked my shovel. First the fuel pump shut off solonoid went west, then the elect. thrott. quit working.

Jesse, I have the best view, and the worst timber in the state of oregon. The govt. keeps telling me its primary forest land. Right. When they come up with a good market for limbs I'll be rich.

Darn, just when I was on a roll I got summoned for jury duty. Add 'jurror' to my job description...

Elect. gremlins attacked my shovel. First the fuel pump shut off solonoid went west, then the elect. thrott. quit working.

Jesse, I have the best view, and the worst timber in the state of oregon. The govt. keeps telling me its primary forest land. Right. When they come up with a good market for limbs I'll be rich.

I think that dozen or so of big Noble I cut in that nasty draw were the nicest. Those were some tall sticks. Two of them were pretty close to 4 foot if not on the stump. But ya, some of it is still growing. That tan oak mad a good bed to save out that white wood for sure.

Last edited:
Back