Baileys 262 cyl. assy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songercarving

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me with a problem. I have a 257 and I bought the aftermarket 262 cylinder/piston from Baileys to put on it. It bolts right on no problem except it wouldn't pump gas. So I took the carb off and saw the problem. The pulse hole on the 262 cyl. is over to the side whereas the hole on the original 257 cyl. is in the center. Anyway the hole doesn't line up to the hole in the manifold.Making a gasket is not going to work because the hole in the cyl. falls plum outside the body of the manifold. I looked at breakdowns of the 262 saw and the picture shows the manifold and gasket to be just like my 257. I know that the pictures are only illustrative but most of the time they are correct. Has anyone ran into this problem and know which manifold can be used? Did they goof on the design of the cylinder? What is the deal?
Thanks for any help.
Stevie

Maybe someone can help me with a problem. I have a 257 and I bought the aftermarket 262 cylinder/piston from Baileys to put on it. It bolts right on no problem except it wouldn't pump gas. So I took the carb off and saw the problem. The pulse hole on the 262 cyl. is over to the side whereas the hole on the original 257 cyl. is in the center. Anyway the hole doesn't line up to the hole in the manifold.Making a gasket is not going to work because the hole in the cyl. falls plum outside the body of the manifold. I looked at breakdowns of the 262 saw and the picture shows the manifold and gasket to be just like my 257. I know that the pictures are only illustrative but most of the time they are correct. Has anyone ran into this problem and know which manifold can be used? Did they goof on the design of the cylinder? What is the deal?
Thanks for any help.
Stevie

I have used one of those kits on a 261 and had no problems. If no one else has the answer today, I can look at both the 261 and 257 tonight and get back to you.:)

I'd imagine that you'll have to get yourself a manifold like the one Lorax posted. That'll fix you up.:cheers:

Back