baileys chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
anybody have any experience with baileys chains:
the lp, rc, rcs? - these are marketed by baileys-online.com and i have no idea if theyre any good
i would welcome (again) any response on the best chain for a 24" bar and hardwoods for fast cutting, you can tell me about oregon and stihl too.
thanks

Get a Stihl 33RS (rapid super) 3/8 chain for that bad boy. However, You have to match the gauge of the chain with the bar. You can put a stihl bar on the saw with some machine work, but I have never done it. Otherwise use Oregon 72 3/8. I have never used Carlton chain

I prefer stihl chain also. It holds bar oil much better and doesnt streach as easy. The line across the top of the chain to tell you when chain is shot is put in by a laser with stihl and everyone else it is stamped. Therefore it changes the temper when it is stamped. The edge wont hold quite as long with a chain that has a changed temper.

The woodsmanpro chain is a copy of the oregon chain.The lp is a low profile chain you don't want that.The rc is round chisel,you can get that in either .050 or .058.What bar are you useing?That would be the best choice of the three.What saw are you using?The rcs is round chisel skip,Ive ran some skip chain but usually only on long bars(32+).If I had to pick I'd go with the best price per roll.I am using sadvik windsor square chisel chain(.063) becuse I got a 100 ft. (1640 drive links) for $140.00 and it cuts and hold up as well as the others, but tend too stretch a bit more.You can usually get .063 chains and bars a little cheaper because most people don't use that size(ebay).Baileys have rolls of oregon and woodsmanpro in the .050 size for $199.00 for either brand.Or $12.50 for an 84 driver loop.BOTH will work and hold up as good as the rest.:D Dan

I've used a couple loops of the RC and wasn't offended. If I were making up an order with Bailey's I would probably have them send me a couple more.

Latest posts

Back