Battery Powered Impact Wrench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Edwards

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Do any of you use a battery powered impact wrench and if so what brand/volt/ in 1/2 would you recomend? Thanks

I used the Harbor Freight ( Chicago Brand ) gun at first. However as I needed replacement batteries they felt theirs was worth 3 times as much money as anybody else's. I switched to a 24 Volt Goodyear units sold by Pep Boys, 200 foot pounds of torque and replacement batteries around $25.00. So far I have been pleased with the units.

no battery powered unit will give you results close to a air unit. if your looking for a unit on the road, add a small compressor on your truck and buy a real impact gun

I use a snap-on 1/2 inch drive 18 volt battery impact. I couldnt live without it .

I have a Milwaukee that I really like. I think it is 18 volt, I have had it for quite a while and was real handy assembling trailers. Stay away from Makita at all cost.

I Have a year old Snap On CT4850 with 2 batteries, case and charger for sale if you want to save some money. New this was $499 I will sell the used one for $300ish

Scott

ps They have come out with a even more powerful one is the only reason im selling this. The CT4850 has 350 ft.lbs. of torque, I have never used a more powerful cordless gun than this one.

18v Dewalt here, 2 years old, used daily still cranking away with the original batteries.

What are you guys using these for? I'm a little interested in one, but I've never found a bolt I can't budge with my 1/2" craftsman ratchet and a 3' cheater bar. I'm going to guess these wouldn't budge a bolt like that either, but they probably are a hell of a lot faster on certain applications.

What are you guys using these for? I'm a little interested in one, but I've never found a bolt I can't budge with my 1/2" craftsman ratchet and a 3' cheater bar. I'm going to guess these wouldn't budge a bolt like that either, but they probably are a hell of a lot faster on certain applications.

I used it for my assembly job, and anything around the house. Not really for breaking bolts, that is where a Thundergun comes in or like you said a nice cheater bar. Some rusted on bolts from a manure spreader don't come off as nice as they should, and no impact gun I have will take them off. I can always borrow my uncle's 3/4" impact if needed though.

I keep mine behind the seat in the truck for emergency's,it beats using a 4way when changing a flat on the side of road,I ride 4 wheelers on the weekends it has changed many tires and anything else i have asked of it.I work at a chevy dealer and 1 guy used his daily(no clue why-we have air and nitrogen) but it will take off 10sets of tires on 1 charge.For the smaller impacts 3/8" ive used a makita day in and out at the stealership for 3 years,it will do anything short of lugnuts and the charge will last a week or better.If your a gearhead of anykind,you can't go wrong having one.

I've got a SP 7015, which has 1 big bolt that holds the outside dual on. Bolt is kind of long so it takes a little while with just a ratchet. Times money, makes in and out of job lot quicker. Or just call me lazy...:clap:

Stay away from Makita at all cost.

Why do you say that? I picked up one of their 18V Li cordless drills about six months ago and have been really happy with it. Is there something I should be concerned about?

I like Milwaukee tools also but I wanted something compact and all they had to offer in that size was the 14.4V Ni cad.

Latest posts

Back