Bbq wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIRESMOKE

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I used to sell wood to a BBQ store here in South East Pa, and as of this spring I am not doing because of time constaints and some difficulty finding the different types of wood they need. The owner of the store is a very good friend of mine and is a very honest, upstanding guy. He is in desperate need of the following types of wood, Apple, Hickory, Cherry, Maple, Pecan, Peach, Maple and a little Oak. It pays very well, he is not looking for a freebie or a handout. Now the catch, the wood can be no longer than 16" and must be split into small pcs. example 2" x 3" sizes are perfect a liitle smaller or a little bigger is ok and rounds (branches not split mixed in) are OK. He is near Lancaster PA if anyone has any interest in this give me a shout and I can fill you in a little more and give you his contact info. Thanks and happy cutting!

Smokin' Wood

Wish I lived closer, but I have a nice small market for this locally. I recently received a $50 discount from the owner of a concrete company who repaved my driveway. He likes to smoke meat, and I collected about 50 shorts of 2" to 2-1/2" dia. logs from the woodpile--ash, oak, apple, mulberry, and locust. I filled a wheelbarrow and loaded up his truck while they were pouring the concrete.

He claims that wood was worth every penny. He used a little of it last weekend to cook a 4-lb pork loin roast in a barrel cooker and reported that it turned out beautifully. :greenchainsaw:

I hook up a few people with apple, oak, hickory, grape vine here at work near Ground Zero..have considered trying to sell more, Lancaster not that far away but still 2+ hrs. drive.

Same here, I have hickory, apple and apricot currently but I picked up 3/4 cord of mulberry a couple of weekends ago. I will save a face cord and burn the rest in winter 2010. I did a couple of pork loins this past Sunday with hickory. and they are gone now, the kids eat this stuff up. I use a Weber smoky joe water smoker. I use the hardwood charcoal and go through about 15 to 30 2" cubed chunks per smoke. Anyway to far away to help out, sorry.

Yeah I have a full cord of cherry sitting in my driveway waiting for someone to offer me a good price on it...

Or I'll just hook my friend's up with it or toss it in the stove this winter, either or...

Thank's for chimming in guy's. It really is a good gig to get ......IF you can get a hold of the wood he needs. I mean I can drop it off just about anytime of the day or night except on Sunday. In the 5 years I've been selling to him never a single complaint. And as far as payment goes I always have my money on the spot or at the latest within 1 week. At close to $400.00 a cord for bulk or over $500.00 for it boxed ( he supplies the boxes) I really am going to miss doing it.

Reataurant Market

Thank's for chimming in guy's. It really is a good gig to get ......IF you can get a hold of the wood he needs. I mean I can drop it off just about anytime of the day or night except on Sunday. In the 5 years I've been selling to him never a single complaint. And as far as payment goes I always have my money on the spot or at the latest within 1 week. At close to $400.00 a cord for bulk or over $500.00 for it boxed ( he supplies the boxes) I really am going to miss doing it.
Restaurants are a great market for BBQ wood. All you have to do is find out the optimal length and size of logs that work the best for their big oven smokers. Then be sure they get he right moisture content. Some like the wood to be a little green so that it doesn't burn too fast. A few pros will tell you that a little extra water in the wood also helps keep the meat from drying out while it cooks.

I used to sell wood to a BBQ store here in South East Pa, and as of this spring I am not doing because of time constaints and some difficulty finding the different types of wood they need. The owner of the store is a very good friend of mine and is a very honest, upstanding guy. He is in desperate need of the following types of wood, Apple, Hickory, Cherry, Maple, Pecan, Peach, Maple and a little Oak. It pays very well, he is not looking for a freebie or a handout. Now the catch, the wood can be no longer than 16" and must be split into small pcs. example 2" x 3" sizes are perfect a liitle smaller or a little bigger is ok and rounds (branches not split mixed in) are OK. He is near Lancaster PA if anyone has any interest in this give me a shout and I can fill you in a little more and give you his contact info. Thanks and happy cutting!

I have 16" split cherry and I live in Lewistown, Pa Would it be worth the drive?

Back