Best trimmer string?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg image.jpg
I mostly use the Stihl .095 orange line, never had a problem. All spools of line are stored in buckets of water with lids, the stuff will last decades.
We started using the poly blades about 7 years ago, work good on grasses.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
But for bigger jobs like reeds, saplings and small trees nothing beats a blade.

Don't buy cheap line you will just use more for the same job. My buddy tried that Echo cross fire string, he used 3 times as much as I did. Plus I had 8 year old stihl string from behind the seat of the old work truck.
image.jpg

Don't buy cheap line you will just use more for the same job. My buddy tried that Echo cross fire string, he used 3 times as much as I did. Plus I had 8 year old stihl string from behind the seat of the old work truck.

Made that very same mistake..never again !

I used Oregon Gator line in .095, .105, .155, an .170 sizes i water an fabric softener soak all them hardly ever get breaks, the line once soaked it last 4-5 times as long as non soaked line

Oregon site says soaking line will make it last much longer. i was shocked at how much longer it last

Airecut blade is the best blade I have ever used i have used pretty much every blade made

as we all know there is a time for line an a time for blade, a time for a flame thrower, and a time for a bush hog

I love what keeping it in water does for it.
Out of curiosity I put a shot of anti-freeze in the last batch, I figured the lube in it might help.
I'll try that fabric softener in the next batch.
But it may take a while,as the water soak is making it take longer to use up !!
If nothng else, i won't have to be quite so concerned with critters getting into the laundry juice.

I've used The fabric softener trick for cast nets for years
Trimmer isn't most different than a cast net
Yes it works. Like I said I was shocked at how well it works

Latest posts

Back