• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Big Isuzu Cabover 20 yd Chip Truck w/mini platform

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT4ME

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
2001 Isuzu FTR under CDL chipper truck w/80" long platform for miniloader and stump grinder/bucket/rake/etc. two 4' and two 3' long underbody toolboxes, locking mounts for 3 polesaws and 10' 10,000 lb rated aluminum ramps included, 7.8L Diesel, 220K miles/runs great, manual transmission, new batteries. Awesome truck, I just dont have a use for two almost identical trucks on my small one crew tree service. It is technically 29,000 lb rated but sticker says 25,995 to keep under CDL. Will carry full load and 9,000 lb 18" chipper behind it with no problem. NOTHING LIKE THE SMALL ISUZUS!!. Make me a reasonable offer!image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Yes, it has no problem dumping the heaviest loads (at idle no less) with a dual cylinder scissor hoist. I built the truck up in the Fall of 2011 and it has served as my sole chipper truck for 3 years and worked so great I built up a 2013 Kenworth cabover almost identical to it which now serves as my main chipper truck. Im not sure what you mean about your DOT question. It has not been out of service except it hasnt been driven hardly at all this year. Please clarify your question and Ill be happy to answer.

This truck is basically identical to a GMC 7500 with the exception of the cab (obviously) and the engine is the Duramax straight six

Also, transmission was just replaced with one from a newer truck as the synchronizers were going out in the old one and the shifter linkage broke, so just decided to put in a newer tranny instead of rebuilding the old one. Comes with the old transmission for potential parts (pictured strapped onto the deck). Truck runs great, starts right up even when cold, and cold A/C in summer and warm heater for the winter. Great fuel economy too, averaged between 7 to 9 mpg with 9,000 lb chipper and equipment+chips, not too shabby for a truck of this size. Turning radius is incredible too, would outturn my old 2008 Dodge ram in culdesacs and doing u-turns! Really wanting to get this sold so let me know if youre even slightly interested. I could potentially meet someone halfway... sorry, Hawaii not included :)

picture of my current configuration... again only reason Im selling is I dont currently have a use for two similiar trucks on my one crew service!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
Also, transmission was just replaced with one from a newer truck as the synchronizers were going out in the old one and the shifter linkage broke, so just decided to put in a newer tranny instead of rebuilding the old one. Comes with the old transmission for potential parts (pictured strapped onto the deck). Truck runs great, starts right up even when cold, and cold A/C in summer and warm heater for the winter. Great fuel economy too, averaged between 7 to 9 mpg with 9,000 lb chipper and equipment+chips, not too shabby for a truck of this size. Turning radius is incredible too, would outturn my old 2008 Dodge ram in culdesacs and doing u-turns! Really wanting to get this sold so let me know if youre even slightly interested. I could potentially meet someone halfway... sorry, Hawaii not included :)

the Queen Elizabeth ll could out turn a Ram....I have a dually and a Isuzu dumper as well. Love the maneuverability of the Isuzu.

Still for sale, havent been actively trying to sell it for a while except for responses here and there on this forum. Price is reduced to $23,500. Some people have shown concern for the miles (220,000), but should easily get another 100,000 miles out of this engine. I told another guy I remember seeing an FTR on Machinery Trader with 990,000 miles on it a few years ago, LOL. Also, any GMC heavy truck dealer will work on these and supply parts if you ever need them, and Busbees GMC parts in South Carolina was awesome shipping my transmission out to me in literally less than 2 days! -Brian

Latest posts

Back