bogging ms310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstacker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info on the saw . Looks like trash got in the engine when it was built by pervious owner . So time for new piston if not cylinder too,are there any good after market places, or is it best to go to stihl for the parts. Can this be honed out any ideas Thanks.

ms310

I don't have any pictures.When i pulled off the cylinder brown grit, was in the bottom of the engine.The piston is scarched top to bottom,but the cylinder looks like the piston tried to melt to the cylinder wall but the saw never quit running

I believe the only aftermarket ones available are 029/290 and are of questionable quality imo. If your patient enough you may be able to find a good used oem one on ebay, but the 310's and 390's don't come by on there as often as the 290's.

Is the piston scratched on both the intake and exhaust side? Or is the piston scratched on the intake side some, but really scratched/melted on the exhaust side along with aluminum on the exhaust side of the cyl wall?

Last edited:
I got a "Gelinte" brand Piston and Cylinder from Mr. Bailey on Ebay and it runs good so far on my 029S. Time will tell the tale, but it made my 029 run good for a 20 dollar basket case.

Latest posts

Back