bought a 2nd shindaiwa 591 20" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackops

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well my first one is in the shop awaiting a part - slow parts and so slow and shabby new dealer - the old guy was great. the new kid is a jerk. had none in stoick and found one and a super cheap price out of state and in stock - have bars and chains and sharpeners so a 2nd was a great decision. have not put it together yet or started it - will do friday after stroms tomorrow., been really swamped today. i have been impressed with the first one. was going to get an echo but the model i wanted not in stcok so the old owner said since new season coming up he cut me a deal on the shindaiwa with the 20" bar. been pleased overall and i CUT wood so it has been through a lot.
FWIW!!!

surprised so many of you hate this shindaiwa though made/represented by echo. go figure. people even like poulan - huh!

Never had a shindaiwa dealer locally. In 17 years full time repair ive only seen 2, both 488s.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/591.aspx

SPECIFICATIONS​

Engine Displacement

59.8 cc

Engine Displacement

3.65 cu in
Standard Bar Lengths

18, 20 in

Fuel Capacity

21.8 fl oz
Oil Capacity

10.1 fl oz

Dry Weight (lbs)1

13.2 lb
1 Without bar and chain

FEATURES​

59.8cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine for outstanding performance
Automatic, adjustable clutch-driven oiler for reduced oil consumption
Available in 18" and 20" bar lengths
Decompression valve for easier stater rope pulling
Easy-access, heavy-duty two-piece air filter for easy cleaning
G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner™ for reduced filter maintenance
Translucent fuel tank for quick fuel level checks

not sure re: echo model as reference. as I said - i was going to get an echo but they were out and the new ones were on their way and needed a new one when the husqvarna pooped out. that was to small for my needs too. so i was offered the 591 at a deal. the 2nd was to have same bars and chains and sharpeners. and a backup when needed.

cut yesterday 36" -50" logs. cut nicely!

Back