Bought a basket case ms660....Need These Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93Dakman!

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
EDIT:I found everything I needed at CHAINSAWR from above. Thanks kyle1!
I do though have two things that I can not get from that site. I need the High needle for the carb, its done and went MIA and the choke linkage. Thanks

Hi I bought a basket case 660 today that has a few parts missing. It came with an extra engine assymly, well sort of, its the sealed cases with a good crank in it. Comes with the coil still bolted in. No play in the crank or bearings and they sound good while turning. It also has the big felling spikes on the front. Also has the oiler still in place. I would like to trade that, or that with some money for these parts:

Complete clutch assymbly. I do have the washer from behind.
Clutch drum (if sprocket i need a 3/8)
Bar nuts
Muffler with bolts
Recoil side cover with recoil assymbly and air deflector piece
Black rear handle cover and screw
Trigger
Safety lever
Spring for trigger and safety lever
Clutch linkage
Clutch shaft (the black plastic rod that you move to turn the saw off, not the shaft in the carb)
Metal ring that goes inside the intake manifold before the carb goes on
Boot that you would stick the screw driver through to adjust H and L screws
Metal plates that go on either side of the bar

In the airbox area all I have is the outer cover, the air filter and the black plastic cage that goes insede the filter, I need everything that goes between that cage and the carb....

Air filter base plate
Some black plastic thing that goes between the inside filter cage and the filter base plate (not sure what it is i saw it on the ipl)

And I may need a carburetor, the one that came with it looks odd, it has three fittings on it for hoses, doesnt look right, plus the bottom fitting doesnt line up with the impulse line.

I would prefer to get this all from one person to save on shipping but it always doesnt work that way! Most of this stuff is just piddly small parts. I will trade off that crank case for parts.

Last edited:
I cant afford new parts. I need the stuff that already broken in and ready to ride! Is it against forum rules to post an i need these parts thread?

Latest posts

Back