Bought my first Stihl today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I needed some parts and went to my local (up here) Jonsered/Husky/Stihl dealer. I was a little hesitant but the price was right. You know for all the grief I give about Stihl, they make a decent product. I am very happy with my purchase.

That Partner looks like it had a hard life.

Yeah, but the piston is in immaculate condition surprisingly. The cosmetics aren't good though, the fiberglass repair on the handle is ugly.

So you paid 5 bucks for a can of Wal Mart carb cleaner......*shruggs*

Nope, only $2. I was there and it was cheap.

Then it was actually a decent price.....some of the local dealers charge 4.95

But believe it or not I have never seen a choke on a chainsaw that needed choke cleaner

Last edited:
If it said Husky on it 6.00 or Jred 10.00 ........Jreds tax is spendy

Almost all of the shops I go to have JReds cheaper than their Husky counterparts. This shop just picked up Husky last month and are selling the 372 for $15 more than the 2171.

I love this shop, everything you can imagine. Only down side is the 40 mile drive.

While I was there, someone bought a 361. I was looking over the Stihl's and honestly didn't like the way they felt, I might just be used to the JReds though. When they were tuning the 361 it sure did scream. :cheers:

I will be close by..soon!

Just when I thought that there were about three Pro Jonsey/Husky guys on here, my NorthWestern Pa Brother gives in and gets a Stihl.

Maybe I should but aside my hate and take a second look at Stihl. A 361 is what everybody seems to pray, cheer and salute on here right.

Don't worry, I will still make good on that beer I owe you. I will be up at "camp" the last week of April/beginning of May turkey hunting. You can find it I am sure. Beers on me. Bring your new found love=Stihl. I think I am going to end up saw-less by the looks of things. Sure would love a saw when I got some extra arms around to help!

Ahhh...Deer/Turkey/Rendezvous Camp in the spring...gotta love it!

Just when I thought that there were about three Pro Jonsey/Husky guys on here, my NorthWestern Pa Brother gives in and gets a Stihl.

Maybe I should but aside my hate and take a second look at Stihl. A 361 is what everybody seems to pray, cheer and salute on here right.

Don't worry, I will still make good on that beer I owe you. I will be up at "camp" the last week of April/beginning of May turkey hunting. You can find it I am sure. Beers on me. Bring your new found love=Stihl. I think I am going to end up saw-less by the looks of things. Sure would love a saw when I got some extra arms around to help!

Ahhh...Deer/Turkey/Rendezvous Camp in the spring...gotta love it!

Slow down partner. Don't do anything rash by buying a Stihl, take another look at the JReds and look no where else. (take another look at the attachment ;)):cheers:

I will bring some home brew, my new batch of amber ale is 7% and knocked me out last night.

Back