bucket truck problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson's tree s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a ford 65 ft bucket i used it today and it worked fine except one of the out riggers was moving slow i brought it home and put them down now the one that was slow wont go back up. anyone know what would cause it to do that?

the boom is made by baker i looked on their website and got their number im going to call monday. but i didn't know if someone else has had this same problem

the company is going to send me a manual. they will have a service crew in the area checking bucket trucks at the air force base, all i have to do is drive mine up there and let them check it over pay for any repairs and to have them look at it..

Sounds like one of the valves is having a flow problem. I would look for a hydraulic mechanic in your area. Great people to become friends with. The guy I use in South Jersey I can call anytime and he will talk me through things on the phone.

Sometimes, if it's really cold outside, or there has recently been a big change in the weather, the gunk trapped in the hydraulic fluid filter will gell up and slow the flow. A new filter will fix that, however. We've had several trucks do as you describe and it's usually in the coldest weather.

Dennis

found out today what was wrong with my truck. local hydraulic shop found the cylinder in the outrigger was leaking. and that the tank had the wrong weigh hydraulic fluid it was too thick. hopefully it wont take them to long to fix it.

Got Manual ????

We have a Hi-Ranger Linesman II and am looking for a parts and service manual for this truck. It is a model 5 FI-48 PBI. Have been told that getting service for this bucket is difficult due to its age. Right now I would just like to know the correct hydrallic fluid to use. Anyother infomation would be a help as well. Not any dealers out in NW Oklahoma to help out.

outrigger

i have a ford 65 ft bucket i used it today and it worked fine except one of the out riggers was moving slow i brought it home and put them down now the one that was slow wont go back up. anyone know what would cause it to do that?

make sure there's greese on the contact surface. start with the simple stuff.

Latest posts

Back