Buying a new milling machine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codlasher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been lurking on this site for some time and have enjoyed reading all the bits and pieces of advice that I have come acrsss.
I would like to ask advice on a purchase that I made in mid November last year for two new pieces of milling equipment.
I paid for both of these in full along with all the postage costs to speed up the work as the fellow promised me a prompt turnaround before christmas as that was what I was asking for.
It is now mid Feb and nothing has yet arrived.:confused:
Have I been a fool to trust someone who is probably a good engineer and has a good website but seems unable to deliver what has been promised?
Any advice gratefully recieved on how to proceed.
codlasher.

I am in difficulty with this as it is someone who posts a lot here. I do not know my legal position. I am in limbo as to whether this is genuine technical delay or just bull???? as many excuses have been forthcoming and I feel that the real truth has been hidden by these excuses.
coclasher.

I have finally recieved the item after seeking legal advice and using this as a lever to force the manufacturer to send the finished product to me. (breach of contract and personal court costs) The delay was from November to March. Is this a normal delay? Having been promised on numerous occasions a 'before' Christmas delivery!
Reading the posts here, of what was really going on and the excuses that I have been given there is a huge gap between reality and what I was told.
Is it worth posting a warning to other potential purchasers to warn them of this manufacturers business methods and deceit? Also to be considered is the situation of any sort of spares back-up.
Manufacturers like 'Wood-Mizer' and the now Polish manufactured 'Forestor' have good back up covering ten or more years.
Advice again appreciated.

Thanks GICON, for the reply.
I now read the offenders posts on this site in a different light and take them with a pinch of salt! There is a LOT of talking-up going on.
I just hope that others do not get taken in.

On a positive note though.
The piece of machinery is here, and it is going to save me struggling with large sticks and consequently will be useful. Unfortunately there will be no repeat business. (and that's how people make a living!)

In one of the sub forums here at AS, there is a Bad feedback thread, hunt it down and reveal the culprit. That would be better than another AS'er getting done over.

Give him up. Turn him in. Give the guy a chance to tell his side of the story. If not, he could be anyone who sponsors here. Maybe he has a good excuse. You have your machinery, what's to lose.

Back