buying antique saws online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been reading about your old antique saws and I want in. The problem is that around these parts old saws are nowhere to be found. I was wondering if any of you have any experience buying antique saws online like on E-Bay and if it is a good way to acquire these saws. Thanks.

I think ebay is great for buying old saws. The one bad thing is that you can't see it and fiddle with it before you buy it. I have gotten almost every Homelite saw I have ever wanted on ebay. Must turned out to be great saws. Good Luck, Jonathan

yes i do agree e-bay is great for old toys. that is where i picked up my model 20 homelite. but just look it over witht he pics and ask the seller questions.

The price of a old saw is whatever you think it is worth. If it is something you just have to have then you bidd as much as it takes. I have spend around $400 dollars for some old running, in great shape Homelites. Price is up to you.

Thanks again. Do you have any info on what models to buy and which ones to avoid when trying to start a collection. It sounds ad if some are more rare and worth a lot more.

Stihls and Homelites usually fetch a good price. There is an old Stihl 08s going for over $200 now. The good sellers usually provide plenty of pictures and have info on the saw. Beware of the "I found this in a shed and dont know what kind it is..." Also old muckalucks have a loyal but dwindling following. Unfortunately I almost never see old Huskies, they run so long no one ever wants to sell them :p

Hello everyone. I have been reading about your old antique saws and I want in. The problem is that around these parts old saws are nowhere to be found. I was wondering if any of you have any experience buying antique saws online like on E-Bay and if it is a good way to acquire these saws. Thanks.
I just got a 330 Homelite off ebay that I am very happy with.

Back