Buying new saw on eBay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I'm reading the add wrong it says "pre-owned" and "open box".

I would not buy one of those. Instead find one NIB instead. I've bought quite a few off of Ebay, both CS-590's, 600P's and even a CS-620PW. All were NIB and the sellers had 100 percent feedback rating. Now issues whatsoever with the sales and they were a LOT less expensive than buying them retail or even on sale locally.

I got all the warranty paperwork with them as well, but never had to use their warranty. All Echo saws that I purchase here get the limiter caps removed/modified before I run them. Some get minor muffler mods which on the CS-590's is just opening up the deflector a tad.....

I've bought used saws off of fleece bay but I knew going in that I would have to do some repairs.
I would not buy a new saw from fleece bay or Amazon.
It's called FLEECE bay for a reason.
You say you can find a NEW one local or at your deal for $75 more. Get that one and don't look back.

Unless I'm reading the add wrong it says "pre-owned" and "open box".

I would not buy one of those. Instead find one NIB instead. I've bought quite a few off of Ebay, both CS-590's, 600P's and even a CS-620PW. All were NIB and the sellers had 100 percent feedback rating. Now issues whatsoever with the sales and they were a LOT less expensive than buying them retail or even on sale locally.

I got all the warranty paperwork with them as well, but never had to use their warranty. All Echo saws that I purchase here get the limiter caps removed/modified before I run them. Some get minor muffler mods which on the CS-590's is just opening up the deflector a tad.....
There are (or were a couple of days ago) on eBay in boxes, but as I recall they weren't discounted much from retail price. I'd want to get one without warranty for at least $100 discount.

How were the saws that you purchased listed - open box, pre-owned, for parts?

24" in green pine or long dead hard wood?

There have been references to a 5 year warranty from Echo on this site, but I couldn't see anything on the Echo website related to warranty, ditto with listings from retailers (local and eBay). For as good as the product reputation seems to be, the Echo website is pretty weak. First thing I wanted to know was chain pitch and gauge, as I have a gob of new 3/8 chains on hand. Nothing on their website beyond length of the bar. Messaged a dealer and was told they didn't know, even though they had saws in stock.
I run 24" on mine in oak. I also have ran 34" on it.

Latest posts

Back