Can anyone identify this saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctorcc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi, would very much appreciate any & all info on this saw, in regards to model number? Year? Is it very collectible? Also, clarification of the obvious ie: manual oiler, points etc as I have no info @ all. Also, ait has a "thumb throttle control"?

So, what is obvious to me is it is missing the Pullstart section. The chain tensioner assembly & Dog teeth

The info I have just found mentions the following & a saw came up with a badge naming it as a Como Raket. Below is the info I found:
LIMITED INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SAW. AFTER THE END OF PRODUCTION OF THE COMO DIESEL (SERIAL 4000), JONSERED BUILT THEIR OWN DIESEL SAW MODEL P(SERIAL4360) ANCESTER OF THE XA MODEL,THE FIRST OFFICIAL JONSERED SAW...ONLY 360 SAW WERE MADE
FOR THE TEST RUN

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

Here is a the prototype of similar complete saw:

JONSERED-RAKET-P (2).JPG JONSERED-RAKET-P (4).JPG

Here's an XD Raket I think? (85 cc, '58-'62)

871ebce8-ca6e-4d7d-9822-429ffe7f01cf_resized_zpsifoceeo6.jpg ebd3c257-e90c-430e-afdd-1022972dd659_resized_zpsr12pmjfl.jpg

I give up man.
Its rare.
I searched high and low and didn't find a single handle like that.

I was guessing an old homelite but cant find anything close.

I give up man.
Its rare.
I searched high and low and didn't find a single handle like that.

I was guessing an old homelite but cant find anything close.
I too saw the resemblance to the older Homelites but, it's a Jonsered. I'm guessing a Raket same as the green one below it? Diesel by the looks?

Living anywhere near that saw (same continent) I would be sitting in my car going the general direction of its location already...

Super nice find!
I didn't have the chance to offer a price even as it's being auctioned. Certainly will be trying that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back