carb modifications?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi any of you guys that are tuning saws ever knife edge the buterflies and thin down the throttle/choke shafts?
i used to do this to ford twin chokes and the throttle body of my XR3i
I dont know if it would make much difference on a saw carb but it has to help flow
the 036 might soon be a candidate for porting, exhaust (muffler) and pos carb as mentioned

Hi any of you guys that are tuning saws ever knife edge the buterflies and thin down the throttle/choke shafts?
i used to do this to ford twin chokes and the throttle body of my XR3i
I dont know if it would make much difference on a saw carb but it has to help flow
the 036 might soon be a candidate for porting, exhaust (muffler) and pos carb as mentioned

Yeah, you can work the shafts and the choke/throttle plates over, cut the end off the screws that affix the plates to the shafts, bore the venturi...ever little bit counts.

Yeah, you can work the shafts and the choke/throttle plates over, cut the end off the screws that affix the plates to the shafts, bore the venturi...ever little bit counts.

yep but is there any point doing it to a work saw or is this a mod that only the race guys do?

Back