chain brake band.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSEREDFAN6069

Wheeler McDealer
Reaction score
on my 670 today i noticed a scraping noise about half way through the day. so i changed saw's to the 630 and finished the day out. got home and took the clutch cover off and noticed this.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

do i need a new band? i tried to put it back in place but it's like it's bent and it's wearing on the bottom part and there's also a chunk out of it.

just got off the phone with my dealer and they tell me the part is nla. gr8 what do i do now?

Check known parts sources. They are hard to find. Some on AS may know of where they can be found. Just curious as to what were you cutting? Everything seems kind of pink?

They are the same as the 162/262 Husky if I am correct. MAybe I am thinking of the 630?

I was told they take the same band as the 266 Huskvarna and that includes the 61, 268 and 272. They are also NA but come up on ebay sometimes. There is also a newer replacement handle,cover and brake assembly avaliable for the 266, it has a plastic handle instead of the old style metal one. The brake bands will not interchange however. Let me check that out this afternoon and I will post results later.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
I was told they take the same band as the 266 Huskvarna and that includes the 61, 268 and 272. They are also NA but come up on ebay sometimes. There is also a newer replacement handle,cover and brake assembly avaliable for the 266, it has a plastic handle instead of the old style metal one. The brake bands will not interchange however. Let me check that out this afternoon and I will post results later.
Pioneerguy600

Baileys has an aftermarket brake. Wouldn't that work as well......but, it would be orange.

I have a question into bailey's to see if it'll fit. I hope so, cause i dont wanna get rid of this saw yet it's running to good. Lol

not sure Calvin, they say the 61 268 266 630 are the same but i look through my ipl's and they are all different. my part # on my ipl is504 98 34-62

not sure Calvin, they say the 61 268 266 630 are the same but i look through my ipl's and they are all different. my part # on my ipl is504 98 34-62

JONSEREDFAN6069:
This part#504 98 34-62 is only for Jonsered 625,630, & 670, it does not share any similarities with any Husqvarna models. Yes that part is NLA from Jonsered.

:jawdrop:

I was partly right when I said the side covers from a Husky 61,266 and 272 will fit on the 670 but the brake band is different where it joins to the trip handle so the band itself won`t interchange. The orange aftermarket brake/clutch cover will fit the 670. I tried all these parts this afternoon on my 670 Champ.
Pioneerguy600

The clutch covers from the 61, 266,268,and the 272 will bolt on to the Jonsered 600 series saws. They are different in apperance as they cover the top handle and the jonsered covers do not. I have a Husky cover on one of my saws. I cut the back part of the cover off to match the shape of the Jonsered cover, stripped it down and painted it Ford engine red and it looks great on the saw. There is no indent in the Husky cover to put the Jonsered decal so im using mine plain. The Husky covers are more common and easier to find they are also being made in the aftermaket and are on Ebay all the time. Good luck on getting your saw up and going again. Rick!

thanx pioneer and ricky i think i'll order the aftermarket cover from bailey's
i'm gonna get a band sent from spike as well. thanx for the info guy's.

Back