chain sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldbeerbigsaws

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody ever use the chicago electric chain sharpener from harborfreight? I did a chain with my father in laws but i havent had a chance to cut anything with that chain and won't get to till after deer season. might get shot:greenchainsaw:

That the all plastic orange wibbly-wobbly thing? The one I could never hold a consistent angle or "bite" with? I'd rather hand-file, myself. There are some that claim decent results with it, I'm not one of 'em.

I suppose that with some rework and/or patience one could be made to function quite well - I have neither the patience nor the desier for such an endeavor.

i've got one and yes it is very bottom line. however if you have a chain thats been mangled it works good enough to get it cutting agian. you may need to do some touching up with a file later on, depending on the chain.
you need to make sure you have the clamps and stops set and tight (don't break it:) ) before grinding. the motor is slow turning as well.

I had one and I suppose it did ok, but ended up buying the Chinese 511a and giving the HF sharpener to a friend.

Ian

Latest posts

Back