chainsaws, pressure washer, brush cutter stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Someone broke into my house between Stuart, Virginia and Mount Airy, NC and stole the following items:

Husqvarna 268 chainsaw with 20" and 28" B&C, both branded Husqvarna. The saw ran perfectly, but had a cracked clutch cover and was missing the brake band
Husqvarna 353 with 18" .325 B&C in excellent condition
Echo CS346 with 16" Echo branded bar, saw was near new condition
Echo CS3450 with 14" Oregon bar, used and showed wear, but ran great
Craftsman 42cc 18", black with antivibe. I think they left the B&C behind and only took the powerhead...too many other things missing to remember
John Deere 3300 pressure washer, used only a couple of times
Honda HHT35 brush cutter with Husqvarna T35 trimmer head. This is the big straight shaft model with handlebars, and capable of 10" saw blade.

Kern 8x30 Swiss Military binoculars with range finder grid, individual focus eye pieces, fold down rubber eyecups, and leather covers
custom Caribou antler handle hunting knife with siver pommel and guard brazed on, marked WC or CC ( I think) reddish brown sheath
Ryobi slide/compound mitre saw (lightly used)
Rigid circular saw (lightly used)
AEG 12mm hammer drill (used)

This area is about 10 miles from the NC line, so the equipment could easily have been taken across the line, or may still be in Patrick County. An investigation is ongoing....

Huge bummer. Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, I am not all that sad about the saws I have had stolen over the years. Was pretty mad at the time, but honestly wouldn't be using any of them now any way..

Now, I did have a little collection of OLD logging stuff that I wish I had back. Not to use them, but rather as Man Cave Accessories. Fun to sit around with a few beers and BS about that old stuff.

Don't just rely on the cops, check the obvious like CL and pawn shops, it is a good idea to visit repair shops in the area too, I had two saws stolen in 86' and the guy tried selling them out of his trunk to guys at the local truck repair place. Anyone that has a local business may be a potential lead, I would see if I could find any landscapers working the area and ask if they have been approached.

I'm angry, and certainly not going to be happy about someone breaking in and stealing something that I had paid for. While I have homeowner's insurance, there is the deductible, and I'm not the type to falsify a claim.

I will be watching CL and Ebay, but suspect that these are local roaches and the stuff may never surface. I have already perused some pawn shops, flea markets, and small equipment sales/repair shop.

What else is ridiuculous is that they stole some well worn work boots. Who would want someone else's stinky, dirty boots?:msp_confused: Maybe some perv with a foot fetish:laugh:...took a bottle of Gentleman Jack, bottle of rum, but left the beer and apple pie in the refrigerator.

Hopefully their fingerprints will be weeded out of mine and the missus', and that cigarette left on the floor may yield DNA. :msp_thumbup:

Scumbags even had the ballz to smoke in your house? Hopefully that will be the break in the case.... M***** F****** B*******. I deeply despise thieves. :angry:

Scumbags

Scumbags even had the ballz to smoke in your house? Hopefully that will be the break in the case.... M***** F****** B*******. I deeply despise thieves. :angry:

M***** F****** B******* Got me for over $8,000 last year all husky saws (the only ones working at the time) left rest :chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::givebeer::givebeer:

I'm angry, and certainly not going to be happy about someone breaking in and stealing something that I had paid for. While I have homeowner's insurance, there is the deductible, and I'm not the type to falsify a claim.

I will be watching CL and Ebay, but suspect that these are local roaches and the stuff may never surface. I have already perused some pawn shops, flea markets, and small equipment sales/repair shop.

What else is ridiuculous is that they stole some well worn work boots. Who would want someone else's stinky, dirty boots?:msp_confused: Maybe some perv with a foot fetish:laugh:...took a bottle of Gentleman Jack, bottle of rum, but left the beer and apple pie in the refrigerator.

Hopefully their fingerprints will be weeded out of mine and the missus', and that cigarette left on the floor may yield DNA. :msp_thumbup:

If the pie is still there then that rules out Randy.

Latest posts

Back