Chaps or paints?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Chaps or pants?

Like the post says,
What do you like better protective chaps or pants?

Last edited:
Never used pants but love the Husqvarna chaps I got from Tractor Supply. One belt clip, two clips on each leg and your done. Easy to take off when your done cutting or even when you take a break. I was also worried about ending up drenched in sweat with pants.

I have both and like you said it has to be very cold to use the pants but they are nice, ( Stihl; got them for a X-Mas gift) i use the chaps more.

Last edited:
Like the post says,
What do you like better protective chaps or paints?

i do not know if PAINT could be used for protection, how many coats? latex or oil? brushed or sprayed on?

guess it can save ya from rusting

Last edited:
i do not know if PAINT could be used for protection, how many coats? latex or oil? brushed or sprayed on?

guess it can save ya from rusting

OMG i cant believe i spelled that like that! By the way thanks for pointing that out for me:help:

I had a close call once, I was on a log and the chain was coming to a stop but i moved too soon and the chain cut through my jeans and just scrached my leg, it could have been so much worse so now even if i am only cutting for a little bit i put my protection on. Also when i was up in the U.P smelt dipping i was cutting down a dead barkless tree for fire wood and the top fell off and hit me in the side of the head and knocked me out, i woke up with my feet in the creek so i also put my helmet and facegard on now also. Got lucky 2 times and it is not going to happen to me again if i can help it.

Seen a few girls on campus in those latex pants. My god, what are they thinking. I don't think any of you guys could ever look like that. Well, unless ya have the operation. Sick.

Maybe that could be a new fad, all the workers have latex on and use those fancy Polan Wild Things.

Back