Commercial firewood processing in Sweden

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKKAMAAN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Here is a company in Sweden doing large scaled commercial firewood operation. Website in Swedish but a lot of pictures speak for them selves.
1.5m^3 bag is about 0.42 cord
or
1 cord is about 2.42 bags

seasoned birch, fot long, sold for 80$ per bag (200$ a cord) plus 11$ deposit for the bag

fresh cut birch, fot long, sold for 63$ per bag (150$ a cord)plus 11$ deposit for the bag

Notice the bags are handled on pallets...

Nice business from all those small sticks......
:greenchainsaw:

I looked into some bags that were the size of a pallet a year or so ago. Someone on here was using them and they looked like they worked good. I didn't have much luck on finding them. This year my wood will be cut using a wood processor and once my wood shed is full I am going to try and make some bags using that orange snow fence and a pallet. Then when I need more wood in my shed I will use my skidsteer and move the wood in.

I looked into some bags that were the size of a pallet a year or so ago. Someone on here was using them and they looked like they worked good. I didn't have much luck on finding them. This year my wood will be cut using a wood processor and once my wood shed is full I am going to try and make some bags using that orange snow fence and a pallet. Then when I need more wood in my shed I will use my skidsteer and move the wood in.

I found some overstock potatobags, size like 1 ft^3. The big bags are available in UK i think. Most be in US too, but I couldn't find them...

small bags with logs can be sold for twice (or higher) the regular cord price...
I'll keep look'n for big bags....:confused:

btw, what kind off woodprocessor do you have?? Any pix or vid's??

Last edited:
I got some of those big bags from Apache Forest Products in Canada. Don't have a link handy, but you should be able to google them.

We have a coffee shop in the area that sells large burlap bags for something like $3 per bag. They don't have a draw string though. If anyone thinks these burlap bags would work I could grab some up for you.

Shari

We use those bags at the Quaker plant I work in here in Mo. They are basically 4' cube. We get them in full of rice and corn, and they are about 2000lbs, which the bags hold suspended from built in loops. When we're done with them they get baled and hauled off. Our plant has no real problem with employees taking them.

So you might want to check any local factories that use bulk materials of a similar nature, an employee there could maybe get you some. I don't know how many we put in a bale, but I'd say at least fifty on a baled pallet.

We use those bags at the Quaker plant I work in here in Mo. They are basically 4' cube. We get them in full of rice and corn, and they are about 2000lbs, which the bags hold suspended from built in loops. When we're done with them they get baled and hauled off. Our plant has no real problem with employees taking them.

So you might want to check any local factories that use bulk materials of a similar nature, an employee there could maybe get you some. I don't know how many we put in a bale, but I'd say at least fifty on a baled pallet.

50 bags in a bale can be a good start for commercial firewood delivery.
Using a 10$ or 20$ deposit, you make sure getting bags back at next delivery.
4x4x4ft is half cord, so that will keep about 15 one cord-customers on rotation.

Where in Missouri are you located??

Is there any similar Quaker plants near Seattle??

Do you have a contact person at your plant that can answer questions about selling baled bags??

:clap:

50 bags in a bale can be a good start for commercial firewood delivery.
Using a 10$ or 20$ deposit, you make sure getting bags back at next delivery.
4x4x4ft is half cord, so that will keep about 15 one cord-customers on rotation.

Where in Missouri are you located??

Is there any similar Quaker plants near Seattle??

Do you have a contact person at your plant that can answer questions about selling baled bags??

:clap:

We're in Columbia,Mo

I don't know if there are any Quaker plants near Seattle, but I'm sure there are plenty of companies that use similar bags.

I'll have to check who could authorize selling them. Dealing with big companies like Quaker/Pepsi(our corporate owners) sometimes makes it hard to find someone who can or will make a definative decision. Plus I work night shift, so I don't often see the management. Which is why I work night shift actually.

air flow

The bags used for shiping granular/fine products wont be good for drying wood,, no air circulation,.also are real expensive, ,I think its apache that makes the wood bags, Id like to try sum myself, Eric

That description sounds like what we would call "Dumpy bags" over here.

You get a metric ton of sand, gravel or top soil in them and you can carry them by putting one fork of a stacker through the loops or lift them off the back of a truck with a Hiab.

That description sounds like what we would call "Dumpy bags" over here.

You get a metric ton of sand, gravel or top soil in them and you can carry them by putting one fork of a stacker through the loops or lift them off the back of a truck with a Hiab.

That's the ones.

Latest posts

Back