Conifer spraying advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T time

Reaction score
I have Austrian Pine seedlings in random groupings of five trees spaced 15 feet apart in six different areas to add color and variety to our seven acre property. I have been told Diplodia tip blight is a concern for the Austrian Pine but that this disease can be effectively managed by implementing a spraying regimen.

The property is extreme southwest Kentucky immediately adjacent to the Tennessee state line. When should I begin a spraying program? What chemical should be used and how frequent should it be applied?

Is there any concern for this disease spreading to the Loblolly pine trees that surround the property? If so, should the Loblolly pines be included in the spraying program?

Yes, Loblolly pines are susceptible to shoot blight.

Maintaining vigorous trees through good tree health care, you will have fewer problems with Diplodia.

Applications early in the spring, when the buds open, and twice more at weekly intervals until the needles break through the needle sheaths.

Best bang for the buck I have found is Cleary 3336 WP.

Back