Cordless Impact Wrenches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
avalancher

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
I've used the dewalt and the rigid. The rigid is as well built as the others and they warranty them for LIFE, and that includes BATTERIES, Dad took his weak 2 year old one in, and they gave him a brand new one. He also had their 500 rpm 1/2" corded drill that we crank up/down the feed lines in our turkey houses with that the switch went out on after 3 years of hanging in all that dust, and they gave him a new one of them also. So with customer service like that home depot will have most of my tool business.

I had no idea that Rigid warrantied for life, I am going to have to check that out!
As far as Home Depot, they already got my business in air tools. I use a angle die grinder and 1/2 impact daily, and have found out one thing. It sure is nice to use the Home Depot stuff! I used to keep a kit to rebuild my 1/2 drive Mactools impact in the truck, and one day my impact jammed up. Stopped at Home Depot down the road and bought what I thought was going to be a Cheapy to get me by. Thing worked just as good as my Mac, and when one of the hammers broke Home Depot gave me another one! No more kits for me!
Same as my angle headed die grinders. When the drive goes out,stop and get a new one. And they even smile when they hand you a new one!

Ed*L

ArboristSite Guru
I had no idea that Rigid warrantied for life, I am going to have to check that out!
As far as Home Depot, they already got my business in air tools. I use a angle die grinder and 1/2 impact daily, and have found out one thing. It sure is nice to use the Home Depot stuff! I used to keep a kit to rebuild my 1/2 drive Mactools impact in the truck, and one day my impact jammed up. Stopped at Home Depot down the road and bought what I thought was going to be a Cheapy to get me by. Thing worked just as good as my Mac, and when one of the hammers broke Home Depot gave me another one! No more kits for me!
Same as my angle headed die grinders. When the drive goes out,stop and get a new one. And they even smile when they hand you a new one!

The Rigid tools ARE warranted for life.....life of the tool that is , not yours. They figure the life of the tool is only a couple of years, after that you are sol.

Ed

blackdiesel

blackdiesel

ArboristSite Operative
The Rigid tools ARE warranted for life.....life of the tool that is , not yours. They figure the life of the tool is only a couple of years, after that you are sol.

Ed

That's not the way that it's work out for us. We just take the old batteries in, and they gave use new ones (as with the drill also) they were both over 3 years old. Did they turn you down on warranty? How long is any other name brand tool warranty for? Dewalt batteries are 90 days, and if one of there tools brake, seen it in and we will fix it and get it back to you (some day).

Latest posts