Country Flame B-1, opinion and question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlrottge

Reaction score
:newbie:

So, my wife and I moved into a family home on the farm this time last year. We wanted to convert our wood fireplace back to wood and add an insert after burning ~100 gallons of propane PER MONTH last winter.

I was looking at new inserts when I happened upon a used Country Flame B-1 ($200). It looks like the model that preceded the BBF and was in very solid shape. We've pulled the unit completely apart and are repainting and polishing all the brass. I pulled out the blower yesterday b/c it was not working and ran into my first problem... it does not work. (Yes, I shorted across the temperature sensor to make sure it kicked on)

I used my DVM and checked all the wires. All the wiring is hot when appropriate, so I figured it's the motor. I called Country Flame and that motor is no longer available.... anyone else dealt with this?

Anyone else have this unit? Thoughts? Tips??

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Picture Please

:newbie:

So, my wife and I moved into a family home on the farm this time last year. We wanted to convert our wood fireplace back to wood and add an insert after burning ~100 gallons of propane PER MONTH last winter.

I was looking at new inserts when I happened upon a used Country Flame B-1 ($200). It looks like the model that preceded the BBF and was in very solid shape. We've pulled the unit completely apart and are repainting and polishing all the brass. I pulled out the blower yesterday b/c it was not working and ran into my first problem... it does not work. (Yes, I shorted across the temperature sensor to make sure it kicked on)

I used my DVM and checked all the wires. All the wiring is hot when appropriate, so I figured it's the motor. I called Country Flame and that motor is no longer available.... anyone else dealt with this?

Anyone else have this unit? Thoughts? Tips??

Thanks!!!

WAS TOLD MIBE WAS A COUBTRY FLAME ALSO....IF YOU HADDA PIC OF THE UNIT AND BLOWER,I COULD SEE IF IT IS LIKE MINE

Here are a couple of pics.

I cleaned it last night with an electric motor safe cleaner and lubed the bushings. It still wouldn't spin and just hummed, so I tore it down and cleaned it better. I think the motor is shot b/c even tore down and free spinning, it wouldn't even attempt to spin.

fugget it

Here are a couple of pics.

I cleaned it last night with an electric motor safe cleaner and lubed the bushings. It still wouldn't spin and just hummed, so I tore it down and cleaned it better. I think the motor is shot b/c even tore down and free spinning, it wouldn't even attempt to spin.

BEARINGS ARE SHOT TO HAITIES AND BACK.......GOOGE LIL SHOP OF MOTORS OR SOME SUCH,AND PLUG IN THE MOD# SHOULD RUN AROUND 40 - 60 BUCKS OR SOO GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Back