"Craftsman" 2-man saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asharrow

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My father-in-law has a honking big old Craftsman 2-man saw that he wants to sell. It has been stored in his uncle's barn for many years. I took it to my father-in-law's shed today. We think there is an extra chain for it.

I pulled the starter handle and it turned over fine. Where do I look for a more definitive ID -- model number for instance.

The bar must be at least 3-feet long and it weighs a ton. The spark plug is on the top.

Jim in Maine

Does it look something like this . Mikes site would be the best place to start as well, although there a ton of craftsman listed so plan on being there a bit to find it.

asharrow said:
Hi guys,

My father-in-law has a honking big old Craftsman 2-man saw that he wants to sell. It has been stored in his uncle's barn for many years. I took it to my father-in-law's shed today. We think there is an extra chain for it.

I pulled the starter handle and it turned over fine. Where do I look for a more definitive ID -- model number for instance.

The bar must be at least 3-feet long and it weighs a ton. The spark plug is on the top.

Jim in Maine

Jim,

Let me know if you want to sell it.

Bill

Nope, doesn't look much like that saw. This one has a completely different handlebar setup for one thing. Has a handlbar on every side of the saw,more or less making a square frame with two handles sticking back from that, if I remember right.

Also, It's gray or blue-gray and looks bigger than that one. I'm not where the saw is, so can't help much more, but I will visit Mike's site.

Jim in Maine

Back