Cutting in the fresh snow !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We got a good 10'' of snow from the first big storm of the season and I just had to grab the husky 346 and knock down a tree !! Do we have a abbrev. for the wood cutting addiction ( WCA ) . It went good , about a 10 '' standing dead oak , should last me quite a few days in the OWB. The front end loader is a life saver for wood hauling .

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84500&stc=1&d=1229806583

attachment.php

Cutting in the snow

I was just about to post a rant complaining about the snow keeping me from cutting. Ya' cut me off at the knees before I could put it up.

We need to come up with a 10 step program for our addiction.

if you're not going to be out there long (bad for the feet) Trash bags over the socks, inside the boots, trimmed off at boot height.

Ian

I had a good time, wasn't out to long , I'm always fooling with my chain and then need to go try it out ( at least thats my excuse ! ) I was trying to take just a little off the rizers and I didn't get them even so I got my gauge out and did the best I could , it did cut better , I don't like the hand held gauges , they don't allow for taking off a little extra , I have one of the northern sharpeners ordered up for christmas so I should be able to get the rizers all even now .

It's hard to get very many cold weather shots with a digital camera, they like to freeze up.

Last edited:
I would trade our 50mph wind and sub-zero temps for 10 inches of snow.

Bill

Hey Jay is coming your way in 2hrs.

I mentioned my needing boots to my girlfriend and she said go a ahead and get the ones you need,
she's buying me these for Christmas.
9f68lg.jpg

I mentioned my needing boots to my girlfriend and she said go a ahead and get the ones you need,
she's buying me these for Christmas.
9f68lg.jpg

They work great , you can usually get a thin winter liner for them and stud them up for traction .
+1 for the girlfriend with the big heart and brain (lucky you)

:cheers:

I would trade our 50mph wind and sub-zero temps for 10 inches of snow.

Bill

Hey Jay is coming your way in 2hrs.

Yes, I liked Illinois for a lot of things, but it is the weather b@tthole of the world. I'm officially out of the cutting business for a spell. I went home to check out the house (I work out of town) and this is what I found.

Oh, my, how did that pic of a Super Pro 81 get in there? I know some guys.. they want $150 for it. Nice looking saw, I have vid of it starting and running. Maybe I'll post a thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back