cutting the ends of beams

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampakev

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
can somone tell be the best wat to cut the ends of the beams making a good strait cut with a chain saw. i think i saw a jig awaile back but cant seam to find it. thank you. Kevin

Maybe you can rent a specialty saw. I've seen circular saws with about a 10-15" blade that would give ya a straight cut.

beams

thanks A going to be cutting threw 8x8's i've seen a jig that mounts on the tip of a chain bar, and it looked realy slick, but i cant remember where. thanks again for the input. Kevin

Kevin, you'll get a much better job [if this matters] by marking with a square, cutting around with as big a skilsaw as you have, and finishing the cut with a sharp handsaw. If "close enough" is o.k., the chainsaw will work - But, it's real easy to stray off the line.

look at diffrint bars for your saw some all ready have hols drilled in them I know that the bar i bought for my little Polan has a hole near the tip it is a 16 inch Origon bar i bought with chain for under 20 bucks you could rig somthang up with a small bolt a and a couple 2x6 kinda like a chop saw.

Mike V. thats what i've been doing but i always get that little point in the middle. just tring for a one cut deal.

landrover, i have seen that at the local saw mill not a bad idea.

Busyb, i think im going to end up doing that, but it killing me knoing they have a jig. it looked like a peice of angle iron bolted to the bar and when you pushed through it road strait on the angle iron. Thanks for all the responds. Kevin:chainsaw:

Cutting Ends of Beams

This might be what your looking for, Look on Bailey's site for the Accutech Micro mill.

great

thats the one. thank you everyone, im getting ready to build a 12x16 pole barn and this will be alot quicker then what i have been dooing. thanks again. kevin::clap:

Latest posts

Back