Cylinder Gaskets(unavailable)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What are my options when new cylinder gaskets are no longer available? I can use the old one but I prefer to change it if possible seeing as how I've got the cylinder off anyway. I suppose I can make one from gasket material but wonder what others may have done. Thanks. BTW this is for a Poulan 3400.

If I had to guess it would have been under the back half of a Clydesdale.

I take it you dont like budweiser? lol, I love it, maybe too much. (No Im not a raging drunk), but it is about the only beer I drink, except Heineken.

I noticed that most soda cans are slightly thinner than beer cans for those that may care. I need to get a new caliper to measure accurately, mine just took a long walk off a short pier...

:cheers: on free beer. I like coors light...but im workin on some keystone lights now. Pretty good for cheap.

Sheet gasket material and an X-acto knife is your best bet.

Most gasket material available at the local parts house will work, but is too thick compared to most OEM gaskets. Plus there is a crush factor which makes it necessary to re-tighten the cylinder after a few heat cycles. So, for the loss of thickness=compression, I dont use the garden variety of gasket material for a base cylinder gasket.

Back