Diference Between Saw Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can sombody tell me if I'm wrong or right here please.
I think the difference between Low Profile, and Full Profile is the difference in the height of the drive link. If I am wrong, please correct me. Your input, and help are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bruce.

Lots of differenses, but the most important one is between a sharp and a dull one......

I am trying to bid on a 100ft roll of new chain on e Bay, and the owner does not know how to tell if it is Low Profile, or Full Profile, and I would like to tell him the difference between the two. This is why I posted this thread. Not to determine if it was dull or sharp. Thanks. Bruce.

I see - what does he actually know about the chain - brand, model number, pitch, gauge, any numbers or letters stamped on the links??????

Any pics???

From http://emags.newlitho.com.au/bynorm/PDF/BynormCatalogue.pdf.

attachment.php

Well done Dibbs!

There's also a little give-away on the pic with the model number of the chain, just below that number it says 365-050, and 365 is just what many calls 3/8 low profile, as opposed to 375 being the normal 3/8.

Both numbers are wrong though, since they are both actually .367 I've heard...

Back